THE LUMBERJACK LIFTOFF
The 2018 Lumberjack Liftoff is a one day team competition taking place at Doxsa CrossFit located in Buckley, WA. It is being hosted by Doxsa Crossfit. The competition will take place Saturday, August 4th, 2018 and consist of 4 person teams. These teams will be made up of 2 male and 2 female pairs and there will be both RX and Scaled Divisions to compete in. Winners will be taking home prizes and cash! For the most up to date information please check out our FB Event Page.
Saturday, August 4th, 2018
Buckley, Washington (151 S Cedar St, Buckley, WA 98321)
There is plenty of parking available off of Pearl Street and anywhere along the side of the streets.
Athlete check in begins at 7:00am. Athlete briefing will begin at 8:00am. The first event will begin at 9:00am. Heat times and schedules will be posted prior to the event.
Registration will go live May 21st! You can find the link to registration here as well as on our FB Event Page!
( coming soon )
Please contact Kevin Schneider, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any specific questions related to the competitions that are not answered below.
When is registration and how much is it?
- Registration will be open May 29st, 2018. Space is limited so be sure to sign up early to get your team a spot! The competition will be $300 per team. You can registered HERE.
What are the movement standards for RX vs SCALED divisions?
- RX Movement Standards: Snatch 135/95, Clean 155/115, Deadlift 295/205, Thruster 135/95, Back Squat 225/155, Kipping Handstand Push Ups, Chest to bar Pull Ups, Toes to Bar, Double Unders, Rope Climbs, Bar & Ring Muscle Ups, Handstand Walks.
- Scaled Movement Standards: Power Snatch 95/65, Power Clean 115/75, Deadlift 135/95, Thruster 95/65, Back Squat 115/75, Push Ups, Jumping Chest to bar Pull Ups, Sit Ups. No cash prizes, top teams to finals. If you are an Rx athlete DO NOT join a scaled team just because they need another person, this undermines the integrity of the competition and your gym.
- Movement Standards: Will be discussed in depth during athlete briefing. You can expect the following standards: full ROM on all movements (range of motion). This means full extension of knees, hips, elbows, etc. (any pivot point), Squats at hips below knees (aka below parallel for the tops of quads), Weights over center of mass for overhead movements, kipping is generally allowed unless specifically prohibited. No bands in competition. Assistance is generally accepted for team WODs, how you can assist will be defined at each event.
- Athlete Expectations: Be on time for athlete briefings and registration. Be respectful of our facility, event staff, judges and other athletes. If there is a dispute contact the head judge for an immediate resolution. Be smart and remove yourself from the competition if any injuries arise. Be clean, throw your trash in the trash cans, pick up after yourselves, be an adult. Don’t drop unloaded bars, Don’t drop kettlebells or dumbbells. If you wouldn't do it at your own gym, don't do it here. Have fun, enjoy the fitness, bring your friends and family!
Can anyone be a judge or volunteer?
YES! You must be 15 or older to volunteer. Judges must partake in judge movement standard briefing prior to event.
Are you accepting local vendors / sponsors?
Absolutely. We will have plenty of vendor booths open selling all kinds of goods and services. Please contact us if you are interested in being a vendor or sponsor.
Terms & Conditions
Registration for event is non-refundable. You may, however, transfer your entry rights to another person/team anytime prior to 2 weeks before the event if you are unable to attend. Participants are required to sign a liability waiver indicating they understand the inherent risks of competition and do not hold Doxsa Crossfit liable for any direct or indirect injury from participation in said events. Furthermore, Doxsa Crossfit reserves the right to use any/all images of athletes and/or spectators for future advertising and promotional purposes.
Events like this wouldn't be possible without the generous support of our local volunteers! We will need a solid team of people who are full of energy. We are looking for volunteers for both judging as well as general event staff. Judges will need to be briefed on all movement standards prior to the events. We appreciate all of our volunteers SO MUCH. So much in fact that every volunteer is going to get a T shirt as well as access to our super sweet volunteer tent stocked with refreshments and snacks to keep you fueled and energized. All of our volunteers and judges should be prepared to be at the competition from check in through clean up.